What are your holiday tips? Healthful Pursuit of an LEO Wife
Healthful Pursuit of an LEO Wife
HomeAbout MeContact MeHealthful FitnessHealthful LinksHealthful RecipesHealthful Tips
How do you survive the holidays without gaining 5-10 lbs? Here are a few of my favorite tips:
1) Dont starve yourself all day before a big holiday gathering. Have breakfast and early normally throughout the day leading up to the big meal. In any setting, I sort of cringe when people say, I havent eaten anything all day so I could save up for this meal. Generally, just a bad idea in my opinion.
2) Do something active. I remember as a child, we would have holidays at my grandparents house and then wed go out and play touch football in the street or go on a walk. How about taking the dog on a walk? This year, we are having Thanksgiving at my house with friends in the evening so Im planning to hit the gym in the morning since I know Ill have time.
3) Im a person that wants to try everything so instead of loading up your plate to the brim, try taking mini amounts of everything…then if you decide you want more of something, go back for seconds. My eyes are generally bigger than my stomach so if I make a point to take a mini amount of everything, Im much better off.
4) Drink plenty of water throughout the day and try to drink a glass of water in between each alcoholic drink.
4) Send food home with your guests. This ensures you wont eat all the leftovers the next day.
5) If you go crazy at a holiday dinner, dont let it be an excuse to go crazy from November-January. Get back on track the next day.
Easy peasy. Honestly, if you plan and treat it like any other day, youll feel much better about yourself. Key word here is plan!!
How do you handle the holidays? What are your tips for staying on track during the holidays?
Share this:TwitterFacebookPinterestLike this:Like Loading...
Sign up to get an email for each new post ~>
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
This is my pursuit of a life full of health. I hope you will join, stay, & participate. I''ll share what works for me and my lessons learned. I hope you will share yours as well!
Tiny Tip Tuesday: keep it out of the house
Life of an LEO Wife: these are my 5 stages
1 WINNER will win a PRIZE valued $200.
RT @MissyDuckWife: If you need encouragement, go to @IamSecond.com and watch The Robertsons story. #GodIsWithYou #HeWillNeverLeaveYou http… 6 days ago
This 20/20 episode is craziness! Homes demolished by mistake? What in the world!? How are the cities not held responsible? #abc2020 1 week ago
I didnt watch the #rhom season but the reunion is pretty cray-cray! Its exhausting! The behind-the-scenes out takes are bonkers. @Bravotv 2 weeks ago
One last change for the @mrm_usa giveaway at @littlebblog ~ going for the Veggie Elite Protein... littlebshealthyhabits.com/2013/11/mrm-gi… 2 weeks ago
Disclaimer I am not a nutritionist, dietician, trainer, physician, therapist, etc. All of my posts/comments are my own view based on what I have tried and what works for me. I am firm believer that each individual needs to do what works and what''s best for him/her.
Are you looking for a past post? November 2013
Follow “Healthful Pursuit of an LEO Wife”
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.